The main function of the Program Committee is the planning, scheduling and implementation of events in order to Inform, Assist & Support the membership of the Gates Chili Chamber. Holding well organized and meaningful events while providing great networking opportunities supports the Chambers efforts to grow membership.
The Chair of this committee is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. Members of this committee share in the duties of the following:
- Laying out a yearlong calendar of events and dates to be presented to the board of directors for approval
- Arranging for the venues were the events will be held & negotiating for best cost and food
- Contacting speakers, panelists and presenters
- Creation of flyers to announce all events
- Maintenance of email contact list
- Ensuring that the flyers are emailed to members and friends of the chamber
- Handling RSVP’s for events
- Managing the set up and clean-up for each event
- Signage and check-in tables
- Responsibility for cash box, Chamber stamp, supply of receipts and Square for credit card usage
- Arranging for members to handle check-in and greet guests
- Preparation and maintenance of all nametags for events
- Arranging for purchase/payment of speaker thank you gifts
- Coordinating with PR and BITS for presentation
- Managing the agenda for events
- Sending a thank you to all speakers following the event
- Ad hoc members to the following committees: PR; Community Awards Dinner Committee; Golf Tournament Committee; Website Development; Membership Development; Planning.
- Handling all details at venues such as table arrangements, entertainment, communicating RSVP totals, internet access, flag, chamber information on tables etc.
- Coordinating with other chambers for joint events
- Soliciting feedback from events and ideas for future speakers/presentations.
- Coordination of Chamber Sponsorship Program
- Creation and maintenance of the Chamber Facebook page –posting events and pictures